Thursday, July 22, 2010

Throwback Thursday Challenge # 8

This weeks challenge over at Emma's blog http://www.creativetimeforme.com/ is to make something birthday themed using the Celebrations cartridge or an older cartridge. I don't have the Celebrations cartridge so I used SYI. The birthday cake is cut at 3 1/2" and is on page 61.
Supplies:
Paper: Lavender Lace cs(retired), Chocolate Chip cs (SU), White cs, patterned baby boy stack (DCWV) and scraps
Stamps: It's Your Birthday (SU)
Ink: Versamark
Punches: Scalloped border punch (SU)
Embellishments: Eggplant Embossing Powder, Lavender Stickles, Copper Stickles

15 comments:

Deanne Gutierrez said...

I love your cake on this card - love the size!

Deanne G
http://deannescraftingadventures.blogspot.com/

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Love that cake and the border going across the top! Super cute!

~Stacey
staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Your card looks delicious! The size of the cake is really nice. I have a lot of birthdays to prepare for in August. I would love to send someone a card like this.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Yummy! Looks good enough to eat!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Way too cute. Love the colors. I love purple and browns.. Great job.

Heather said...

Just placed my FIRST order with Stamping Up and that border punch is on it. Cute card. And I really want to go make some cupcakes now...LOL!!!

The Mad Scrapper said...

Your card is way to cute and yummy! You did an awesome job.

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Yummy. Your card is great!

TUKI said...

Your card is great and that cake looks so yummy!

Kate said...

Great cake! Those candles are fantastic!

Carol Ric said...

So cute! love the candles!

Raven B said...

I love that the cake looks really frosted so cute.
Hugs,
Raven

Edna Marie said...

Very elegant love the soft colors and great boarder punch, ;)Inspired Huggs

Dorcas said...

Very pretty card! I love the detail! TFS!
~Dorcas

My Creative Time said...

Kerry!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! GREAT job w/the challenge my friend!!
Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)