Thursday, October 25, 2012

2 Months 'til Christmas Blog Hop

If you came from Sara's blog then you are in the right place.  If you just happened to stop by my blog and would like to hop along you can start at the beginning at Mary's blog.
That's right 2 months until Christmas, 8 weeks, 60 days, 4 pays.  You get the drift.  Who's done their shopping?  Not me, but I am getting there.  If you saw my last two post you will have seen that I got a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas.  "It's not Christmas yet", you say, how can that be?  Well hubby let me open it early as I have some Christmas gifts that I would like to make with it.  I used it for both of my projects this month.
We are changing things up a bit this month and expanding the Christmas theme to include any Christmas items, cards, tags, gift bags, decor, anything.
My first project is a card.  I used copics and the Silhouette.  I used the Silhouette to print and cut the digi stamp Mrs Claus from Kenny K.  I also cut a shadow layer for it.  I love that I can do this.  I hated cutting out images.
Supplies:
Paper: Black, white (Recollections), Real Red (SU), Fabulous Christmas (Hobby Lobby) LOVE the leopard print.
Stamps:  Mrs Claus(Kenny K), Christmas Wishes(My Pink Stamper)
Liquid Applique
Copics: E00, E000, E29, E33, E35, E37
C5, C7, 100
R20,R29, R32, R35, R59
Y15
B05, BG10

My second project is a file I got from a group on FB.  I cut it from vinyl.  It took a little while to weed but was worth it.  I bought an assortment of these chargers at Michaels for this type of project.  For the circles around the outside I just used my 1' punch.
Your next stop is Shari's blog 


Thanks for stopping by.

Kerry~Momma K

10 comments:

Heather said...

Both of these are gorgeous. I especially like the Santa on the charger plate.....so elegant. Happy I could participate again this month. Hugs!!!

Shari said...

Wow Kerry your card and charger plate are awesome! It is so cook that you can cut digis from your new toy! Wow!

Hugs;
Shari

Mary said...

Kerry, I LOVE both of your projects! I had no idea the silhoutte could print and cut out digis....that is very appealing :) The charger plate is a fantastic idea...great job!

Hugs,
Mary

Pam said...

Great projects!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Great job love the Santa on the plate

belldoubleyou said...

Wow, the cutout on that plate is AMAZING. Every once in a while I get to wondering how good the Silhouette can possibly be... then I see a project like yours, and I wonder no more.

Nikki said...

Wicked Projects and the charger plate looks fab

Tara said...

Awesome inspiration! I have no idea you could cut digis out with the Cameo?! That is awesome! I love my Cricut but that might just be worth looking into more ;)
Tara

Sandy Smith said...

I love that you used the animal print on this Christmas card. It works!!! The card looks awesome. Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I just love how you used the Silhouette.