Sunday, October 7, 2012

US Shopping Day Trip

We went on a one day shopping trip to the US yesterday.  I love our US shopping trips.  I get to stock up on paper and supplies.  We don't have Joann's here in Canada so paper stacks that are exclusive to Joann's we can't get.  Even at Michaels the prices are so much cheaper for the same items.  Our paper stacks here are $29.99 and go on sale usually for $17.99 and I stock up on them on my trips for at the most $11.99.  The US dollar and the Canadian dollar are almost at par so it really saves a lot of money and makes for a fun trip.
We left our house at 6:00am yesterday morning and got gas, made a stop part way for bathroom break, had a 20 minute wait at the border and we were still at our first stop of K-Mart by just after 8:00am.  From there we went to Joann's, Kirklands, Hobby Lobby and Walmart all in Niagara Falls, NY.  Then we headed over to Amherst, NY to Buffalo Stamps and Stuff to pick up my Silhouette Cameo(my Christmas gift from my Hubby) that they were holding for me.  A stop at McDonalds for lunch.  Our McDonalds don't have the chicken select anymore so I like to have them when I can.  The next stop was Michaels, another Joann's, Lane Bryant, Target, and finally AC Moore.  We were back home by 7:30pm and exhausted.  Now that is what I call a great day.
Here are the craft supplies that I got.





 This is my absolute favourite Christmas paper that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I should have bought 2 because I know it will get used a lot.
 SILHOUETTE CAMEO IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by, now it's time to go and craft.

Kerry~Momma K

9 comments:

Donna said...

Awesome haul!!
Looks like you had a very productive day!!

Linda S said...

Wow! You go girl!! Now to dig in and have fun. I noticed yesterday that our Michael's is carrying the MME small paper packs for $10.00!! I bet you got a bargain. I am going over in two weeks.Hope you left a little.

Candace said...

great haul!! I'm so jealous!! :) We're headed to Florida at Christmas and I usually stock up while I'm there but this time we'll be traveling with a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and 2 month old (plus car seats) so I think my hubby would kill me if he also had to pack a suitcase of paper,etc! :)

Debbie said...

Hey Kerry very nice haul, looks like you have got lots of fun stuff and most of all the Cameo, wow you are one lady :) enjoy
Hugs Debbie

Karons Krafty Korner said...

You lucky thing you - fabulous haul!!

And wow the Silhouette:-) dreaming dreaming dreaming! Enjoy your new toy:-)

girlia said...

What a great haul. Sounds like you had fun.

Pam said...

WOW! What a haul!!!
Pam

Unknown said...

Hi Kerry :) I have just come across your blog. I am SO JEALOUS of your huge shopping spree! That is fantastic! I look forward to seeing all the great things you'll make :)

Abbey

Little Purple Forest

belldoubleyou said...

Now THAT is a haul -- looks like a whole lot of fun!